Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Update on Kona Fingering Cones: Due Mid-March Now ... Sorry for the wait!

Kona Fingering in the one-pound cone is on backorder from the supplier, Henry's Attic. They do expect it to arrive and be delivered to Wool2Dye4 by mid-March. I have very few skeins left to last until the stock is renewed, and once they are gone, skeins will be on backorder until this date, too.

Sorry, sorry for the shortage, but I understand that it could not be helped. Henry's Attic folks are such nice people and on top of all the manufacturing and shipping details, so we will just have to sit out the wait, it seems. The shortage has only just hit Wool2Dye4 because I planned ahead and last summer I ordered ten pounds each week to build up my supply. Now, unfortunately, I am beginning to see the bottom of the yarn bin!

If you are mad for fingering weight in superwash yarn and cannot wait, then you should try BFL Ultra! Fingering weight, 1900 yards per pound, 3-ply with a twist that is perfect, in my opinion. Many of my customers who dye in bulk and sell to local yarn shops have switched over to the Blue Faced Leicester. Lately I've been trying it out on baby sweaters, caps and wrist warmers, too, and have a nice batch dyed up for a special turquoise blue sweater all for me! (using Karen Alfke's Top-Down Unpattern, which is a sweater that actually fits.) Of course, I have to get to the actual knitting, but I confess that I do love to simply look at a pile of handdyed yarn. Simple pleasures, indeed.

No comments: