Tuesday, June 20, 2006

As-Yet-Unnamed BFL Sock Yarn

Here is a shot of my first experiment -- quick dyed with Kool Aid. I used Mango, leaving about 25% white space on the pre-soaked yarn and sprinkled dry Raspberry powder over it, patting here and there while I flipped the skein around to get good coverage. The yarn used in the shawl in the background was done the same way, but with acid dyes. (It is Kona Superwash and the pattern is Charlotte's Web.)

I found a source to skein up the BFL sock yarn and will take cones to a farm in the western Shenandoah Valley at the end of the week. Another opportunity to meet a new fiber person.

No comments: